Home study courses are a popular route to becoming a book-keeper, and tend to be geared towards either obtaining a book-keeping qualification, or training you on the practical aspects of running a book-keeping business.
Beginner level home study courses generally do not require any previous book-keeping knowledge or qualifications, making them ideal for new book-keepers. The ability to study from home, in your own time, is often a major advantage for those already working or lacking time to attend college.
- Relatively Inexpensive
- No prior experience or knowledge required
- Some course allow you to obtain a recognised qualification
- Flexible and can be studied part-time
- Not all courses will prepare you for the 'real world'
- Can be hard to find time to study whilst working
Depending on the type of home study course you select, you may decide to pursue a book-keeping qualification. There is a wide variety of book-keeping and accounting qualifications to choose from.
To learn more about the various qualifications and the associated governing bodies, please click here.