Review of Business Accountz
Accountz, an accounting software specialist, have just released their new product Business Accountz® Enterprise for Book-keepers. A unique product targeted at the practicing book-keepers. It’s a rarity for any software provider to target a product specifically at book-keepers, so we were interested to see what the software offered over rival (more accountant) focussed packages.
But first a bit of background information on the supplier. Accountz has been publishing software for over 25 years and last year underwent a complete brand transformation. You can now buy both Home Accountz® and Business Accountz® in the large multiple stores of PC World, Staples, Apple Stores and Amazon to name a few.
So why have they developed a book-keepers package? We spoke to Mark Coplpwe at Accountz who told us. “Firstly, there is a huge demand for book-keepers and with the economy changing more and more people are looking for ways to earn new or additional income. As in any trade you need tools to work your craft. To fill this need Accountz decided to speak to book-keepers to determine what they require from an accounting Package”.
Having tried the software we can report a number of unique benefits:
• Business Accountz Enterprise for Book-keepers is multi platform and runs on Mac (very rare for an accounting package), Windows (XP and Vista ) and Linux. If you already have your bought hardware then the chances are it will work. If you have not then Accountz® are giving you the choice.
• Business Accountz Enterprise for Bookkeepers works on desktop PC’s and net books, offering book-keepers complete flexibility as well as the ability to work on the move.
• We liked the very flexible and simple to use Nominal Ledger, and there is a choice to remove the need to use accounts code which is a nice touch.
• There is an option to create multiple nominal ledger groups making it easier to interpret the figures
• Book-keepers looking to migrate from an Excel based package will be pleased to see a familiar spreadsheet style interface which allows users to correct errors relatively easily.
• The VAT return module is really where Accountz excels, with the ability to run off a return with one press of a button. The VAT reports are also easily understood, and therefore the ability to spot errors is increased.
Pricing for a 5 company licence starts at £499.99 and a 10 company licence from £799.99.
Accountz has all the fully functional tools that any Book-keeper would need. Because of its Mac compatibility its a useful alternative for Mac users.